I have so many pending posts, it is ridiculous! Yes! I’m going to finish ON Ijou Hanzai Sousakan Todo Hinako and Death Cash!! I have like 3 Korean Daily Dramas to review! Soon the Summer 2006 Japanese Drama season watching will be complete. So, in the meantime to remind you that “I’ll be back”, here’s a post I had fun doing while responding to a Liebster Award nomination question. Thanks, kakashi!!
11 Random Facts About Myself.
1. I LOVE rafting!! It is such a thrill! I watched a movie with Morgan Freeman a few years ago called The Bucket List. From that day forward, I was determined to write down 50-100 things that I wanted to do before I died. One of my dreams was to raft down the river in the Grand Canyon, Arizona. No, I still have not done that. These have been my practice runs since 2007 (also rafted Great Falls, Virginia and The New River, W. Virginia multiple times). I don’t have pictures for every trip I’ve taken but let’s just say my youngest daughter has been rafting since 11 years old (she’s 22 now) and man it has been a BLAST!
2. Its my dream to retire and live my last days along the coast of Washington! I’ve visited the area twice now and I’m convinced, this is where I belong. Away from city traffic, congestion, pollution and people. As this is a place where people spend their summers, there is not a lot of people the rest of the year. Just the way I want it. Second dream is just to bum off my friends all around the world and be that visitor you want to get rid of! Kidding!
3. I HATE Virginia!! If you follow me on twitter, I’ve been complaining constantly about the cicada invasion in my area of Stafford, Virginia, traffic on I-95 and just about everything else I can find to dislike living here! Admittedly, I’m starting to like the Richmond area having spent so much time here in the last 5 months; however, I’m just not a southerner! But it is way too expensive to live where I want back home!
4. I love my job! I love the people I work with! I cannot WAIT to retire! I know, makes no sense but working on a University campus has been wonderful; however, I despise the daily commute! Yes, the commute is so bad, I am constantly sitting in traffic tweeting about how much I hate driving every day! Sometimes traffic is so bad, I can pull my iPad out and read a page or two of a book as we are not moving anyway!
5. I truly am a total fangirl for these two! I’ve seen everything they have made! EVERYTHING! The good and the mediocre!
6. I’m the only one in my family who watches dramas! Whether it be Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, Argentinean, Filipino, Thai or Spanish! Of course, everyone thinks I’m crazy too! Why? Because I turned off cable and subscribed to a premium internet provider, just so I can stream Dramafever, Viki, Crunchyroll, Netflix, Hulu and occasionally, OnDemandKorea!
7. I’ve been a member of twitter since 2009 but did not start tweeting until 2012! Thanks KDramas!
8. I can’t get assigned there, I’ve desperately tried to get on a temporary assignment to George Mason University’s SongDo, S. Korean Global University Campus which opened in 2014! Now, the campus is moving and expanding but I STILL haven’t gotten there! Dreams do come true!
9. I watch all kinds of dramas! But I prefer crime, historical, medical and revenge melodramas. I really watch the romances last. And I hardly watch the popular ones….until I’m really, really bored!
10. I don’t like to cook but I don’t mind cleaning the kitchen after YOU cook. I trained my daughters from the age of 12 to cook and then I let them take over. The only time I cook is holidays: Thanksgiving and Christmas. That’s it! Okay, I admit that now I hardly cook then! But I sure do love to eat! Go figure!
11. Shhh.. On some days! Don’t tell my daughter! Sometimes a girl has got to eat something!!