APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!! Thank you, thank you! My twitter friend and fellow blogger, kakashi (@mydunn123) has recommended me for what’s called the Liebster Blog Award. You say, what is that? Hell, I never heard of it until two days ago. You say, where’s the money and the teenie-tiny statute? I say, who cares! I’m just happy that someone is reading my little blog that I just started one short month ago!!
So, the rules for receiving this award as told to me by kakashi (after your nomination) are:
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
As kakashi stated to make up my own questions and tweet my all-time favorite KDrama, instead I will do it here and maybe answer a few of kfangirl questions. I kind of like those too!
|Deerfield River, MA 2011|
|Arkansas River, CO 2009|
1. I LOVE rafting!! It is such a thrill! I watched a movie with Morgan Freeman a few years ago called The Bucket List. From that day forward, I was determined to write down 50-100 things that I wanted to do before I died. One of my dreams was to raft down the river in the Grand Canyon, Arizona. No, I still have not done that. These have been my practice runs since 2007 (also rafted Great Falls, Virginia and The New River, W. Virginia multiple times). I don’t have pictures for every trip I’ve taken but let’s just say my youngest daughter has been rafting since 11 years old (she’s 22 now) and man it has been a BLAST!
|Along the coast of Washington State in Grays Harbor|
|Ocean Shores, Washington|
2. Its my dream to retire and live my last days along the coast of Washington! I’ve visited the area twice now and I’m convinced, this is where I belong. Away from city traffic, congestion, pollution and people. As this is a place where people spend their summers, there is not a lot of people the rest of the year. Just the way I want it.
3. I HATE Virginia!! If you follow me on twitter, I’ve been complaining constantly about the cicada invasion in my area of Stafford, Virginia! They are loud from 4:30am until 4:00pm! They are nasty looking and they are in abundance!!
|George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia|
4. I love my job! Working on a University campus has been wonderful; however, I despise the daily commute! Yes, the commute is so bad, I am constantly sitting in traffic tweeting about how much I hate driving every day!
Lee Jun Ki
5. I truly am a total fangirl for these two! I’ve seen everything they have made! EVERYTHING! The good and the mediocre!
6. I’m the only one in my family who watches dramas! Whether it be Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, Argentinean, Filipino, or Spanish! Of course, everyone thinks I’m crazy too! Why? Because I turned off cable and subscribed to a premium internet provider, just so I can stream Dramafever, viki, crunchroll, Netflix, Hulu and occasionally, DramaCrazy
7. I’ve been a member of twitter since 2009 but did not start tweeting until 2012! Thanks KDramas!
8. If I can’t get assigned there, I’m desperately trying to get on a temporary assignment to George Mason University’s future SongDo, S. Korean Global University Campus opening in 2014! Dreams do come true!
9. I watch all kinds of dramas! But I prefer crime, historical, medical and revenge melodramas. I really watch the romances last.
10. I don’t like to cook but I don’t mind cleaning the kitchen after YOU cook. I trained my daughters from the age of 12 to cook and then I let them take over. The only time I cook is holidays: Thanksgiving and Christmas. That’s it!
11. Shhh.. On some days! Don’t tell my daughter
Answer the Question that kakashi Asked
What are my all-time-favorite KDrama?
I have to answer this by genre. I really cannot say I have just “one” favorite. The minute I narrow down to one, another pops in my head to remind me why I liked that one so much and then I have to watch it again. So here is my answer, by genre, in pictures:
|Queen InHyun’s Man-Romance|
|Time Between Dog and Wolf-Action|
|Shut Up Flower Boy Band-Musical|
|The Princess’s Man-Historical|
Answer the Question that missienelly Asked
Answer the Question that Michele Asked
I’m new to blogging and rabidly reading blogs! I come across new blogs, thanks to all of my twitter friends. I’ve met (through twitter) a lot of people worldwide and I love their opinions, whether I agree or not. But, for someone who watches a lot of dramas of all kinds, it’s nice to be able to talk with others watching the same dramas and reading their thoughts. So here are my nominations:
Michele: http://kshotofhot.wordpress.com/–Because we both love Rain and we loved him before we knew he could sing!
Sweetandtastytv: http://sweetandtastytv.com/–Love her articles, especially the food ones! Next time I’m in LA, I know where to go!
OrionsRamblings: http://orion21.blogspot.com/–Even if we disagree, there is one thing that we will always agree on: Our love for Kang Dong Won!
Nelly: http://missienelly.wordpress.com/–We really do watch a lot of the same things. So we tend to share a lot of tweets weekly!!
Cherry: http://cherrybcordial.com/–Met on Facebook when I joined the KDrama Chat, now we follow each other on twitter!
Stephanie: http://crazyforkdrama.blogspot.com–Also met on Facbook when I joined the KDrama Chat. We both share a love for the drama, Gloria!